Monday, June 23, 2014 By

The miles I traversed ! - From Ooty To Bangalore

 Millions of people traverse the road millions of ways , but I have my own way of knocking at aliens door.To me journey does matter, not always arrival. The quest of what will happen in the next turn always provided me the zeal to travel more, to spend all my hard earned savings into traveling.So I will publish a series of "The miles I traversed !" in every weekend.
After spending 4 days in Ooty and Coonoor's sublime atmosphere , it was time for taking farewell from the land of blue hills.I was traveling back from Ooty to Bangalore traversing a long stretch of course(275 km).It was an awesome engaging voyage through diversified landscapes of mountains,planes and wilderness of Bandipur - Mudumalai forest with lots of wild animal sighting . I gaped at the road side scenery open mouthed and clicked , clicked , clicked ...on the run.
After crossing famous 36 hair-pin bend ,sharp 'U' turn of narrow steeper  Kalahatty ghat roads, I landed on the foothill Jungle of Masinagudi from blue mountain .It was amazing way of high-jump from hills to land.But enjoy the high jump with careful  and reasonable driving.
We landed into the foothills ,with sparking azure sky on top and a welcome by crowded woods of  bare trees. Meandering road fades away in distant while bare brunches crawling into the crystal clear sky.
A few kilometers away from Masinagudi we entered into Mudumalai tiger reserve and further along Bandipur tiger reserve fringed by Kabini and Moyra rivers where several endangered flora and fauna preserved .The jungle with mile high old woods ,thick canopies of tender ,young leaves beneath the blistering blue sky  and wild animals deep inside thrives.It was a wonderful drive through wilderness accompanying  loud winds , screaming monkeys and rustling of leaves .This road is closed  by evening 6:PM and again opened for vehicle in the morning at 6'o clock.So plan your journey from Ooty to Bangalore or vice verse accordingly.

The large mother langur was resting with her child after her day long swinging from one branch to another.  




Peaceful soul of deers looking for home, frightened by the road side vehicle as in jungle nothing is for fun.
The trails of jungle left behind as I run and  countryside seemed   anew with plentiful of  Amaltas and Krishnachura

The flowering crest of Krishnachura blazed merrily welcoming summer.The only thing I love about Indian scorching summer is the flaming red Krishnachura in my neighborhood and the flowery cushions scattered on my course.

Bangalore To Ooty Route :

Bangalore – Mandya- Mysore – Gundlupet – Bandipur – Theppakkadu – ( via Masinagudi or Gudallur ) – Ooty  ( Almost 6-7 hours journey and approx 300 Kms)